A friendly reminder that applications are open for Peer Support Worker Training. Applications will close Sunday February 5th, 2023.
- Have lived/living experience of mental health/substance use challenges and receiving services
- Have completed the PeerConnectBC online Peer Support Worker Training curriculum and can provide a Certificate of Completion https://peerconnectbc.ca/
- Be able to be a role model to people in recovery from serious mental illness/substance use challenges by sharing common experiences and practical information
- Have work/volunteer experience supporting other people
- Interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to be patient, empathetic, and supportive
- Enjoy meeting new people, developing relationships, and spending time with others
- Committed to self-reflection, self-awareness, and personal growth
- Able to present in a professional manner
- Willingness to work with a culturally diverse population
- Able to use public transit, email, and phone
- Have at least six months of reasonable wellness and be able to take on the responsibilities of supporting others. We understand recovery is an individual process and will make every effort to understand your personal context
- Able to make a commitment to:
- 10 week training program (1 day per week, 3 hour time commitment per day)
- Minimum 30 hour practicum following completion of training (2-4 hours per week per week)
- Willingness to obtain a criminal record check once accepted into the training
Training is planned to take place over 10 2-hour sessions on Tuesdays from 1pm-3pm at 520 W 6th Ave, Vancouver, from March 7th – May 2nd. This schedule may be subject to change.
Visit https://spotlightonmentalhealth.com/peer-support-training/ for full instructions and the application package.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.