Talking With Your Doctor
Come away from this session with tips to encourage collaboration and improve communication with your doctor(s) and other healthcare professionals.
In this 1.5-hour workshop, we learn how to communicate more effectively with our doctor(s) and other health care professionals. Using the PACE framework, we explore common challenges with doctor-patient interactions and learn techniques on how to improve them.
Learn how to:
- be prepared for your visit
- state your concerns clearly and honestly
- provide a complete description of your condition
- ask questions about your condition and its treatment
- express problems with prescribed treatments
Talking With Your Doctor was created by Donald J. Cegala and modified, with permission, for use by projects in cooperation with Patient & Community Partnership for Education, UBC Health.