Peer Support Worker
6 month contract with Steps Services. 312 Main St Vancouver
25 hours a month
Job Description: Under the supervision of the Team Director and staff, and in conjunction with treatment personnel, you will work with clients with mental health, persistent pain and/or substance use concerns with the objective of assisting them to achieve their stated goals. Duties include one-to-one work assisting clients in achieving goal(s), acquiring new skills or linking with community resources; meeting and working in the community; travel (usually on transit); participation in client goals; and communicating and documenting all relevant information on an electronic documenting system.
The successful individual will:
- have taken Peer Support Training or worked as a Peer Support Worker within the last 3 years (required)
- have personal lived experience (required)
- have effective strategies for dealing with stress
- be able to work under supervision
- be able to work with a culturally diverse population
- be able to adequately access public transportation,
- be able to present in a professional manner,
- be empathetic, patient and supportive,
- be willing to facilitate or co-facilitate groups as needed and
- have the ability to participate in light physical activities with clients such as walking, going to aquafit, and attending the gym with clients.
Duration of this placement: 6 month contracts, with potential to renew.
Pay and Hours: $17 an hour for 25 hours a month
Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date and Location:
Please submit a resume and a cover letter to: Tianna.firstname.lastname@example.org